I have just completed my latest illustrations for Country Living Magazine which this month is all about Bardsey Island. I thought it would be interesting for people to see some of the making that goes into the production of my prints. I use a combination of vinyl and silkscreen printing, below is a brief pictorial guide of my working method.
- 1 The brief and research work
- 2 Getting ideas down on paper
- 3 Drawing directly on to vinyl using a permanent ink pen
- 4 Cutting the blocks
- 5 Cutting and proofing the key block
- 6 Key blocks printed onto paper the same size and in the same position as the finished image. This is then used to register each colour.
- 7 Each colour for the background is cut from a different piece of paper and printed separately .
- 8 Once all the colours have been printed the key block is printed over the top of the colours